When booking an appointment with a hairdresser, they may schedule consultation time before your appointment or even advise that the consultation take place a few days prior to the appointment. You may think that this is unnecessary, but the truth is that a consultation plays a very important role in the end result of your appointment, and as a busy hairdresser near Killara, we know this!
When Is A Consultation Necessary?
Even if you are just getting your usual trim and highlights at your usual salon, your hairdresser should still take the time to give you a mini consultation to ensure that they understand what you want. If you are completely changing your look and doing something drastic such as a full-on colour change or new hairstyle, your hairdresser should provide you with a complete consultation. The same applies if you are going to a new hairdresser for the first time.
Why Is A Consultation So Important?
There are many reasons why a proper consultation is so important, including:
- It gives you time to speak up about any issues you may be facing with your hair.
- It builds up a rapport between you and your hairdresser, putting you at ease and allowing you to relax and enjoy your appointment with them.
- Your hairdresser gets to know more about your hair goals and what exactly you are looking for.
- The time can be used to explore other options and directions to take your hair that may be more suitable than your original idea.
- To keep a record of your previous appointment and how you enjoyed your results.
- Patch testing different products on your skin and hair.
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Consultation?
If you want to get the most out of your consultation, the first thing you should do is arrive on time. If you arrive late, you may forfeit some of your consultation time. Secondly, you should have a very clear idea of your hair goals and how you want the end result to look. It would be helpful if you can explain yourself well and perhaps bring photos to help bring a visual representation of what you are looking for. While you should know what you want, you should also be open to your experienced hairdresser’s advice.
Ready to book your first consultation? Looking for a hairdresser near the Killara area? Here at Envy Room in Gordon, we take our consultations very seriously. Get in touch with our experienced team today at (02) 9499 9880.